The Bluebell Railway
29 September 2002
Lucy, Henry and George on board the 1400 from Sheffield Park to Kingscote,
currently the terminus of the Bluebell Railway until the extension to East
Grinstead is opened.
At Kingscote, our locomotive has run round and is reversing up to the train.
No. 473 "Birch Grove" was built in 1898 for the London, Brighton and South
Coast Railway, and bought by the Bluebell Railway in 1962.
The Bluebell Line was the UK's first preserved standard gauge
passenger railway, re-opening part of the Lewes to East Grinstead line of the
old London Brighton & South Coast Railway in 1960.
A quick check of something before our departure back to the south.
Lucy and the dogs stretch their legs
Getting ready for departure.